Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Discord and Disqus should work again.

Daughter of the Lilies - 8.07

New comic!

Today's News:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">

Alt Text by M. Gunnarsson on Patreon!

Despite everyone's best guesses, Lyra actually hates everything about it. 
(To clarify, Lyra is saying the shield would normally be unnecessary because pauldrons are usually just that: shields. It's redundant.)

Sir Talen wrote a great little vignette featuring his best guess, which is also pretty great

Discuss this comic: FORUM | REDDIT | DISCORD*
*The author is not affiliated with any of these communities nor the moderation thereof

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Now Lyra please don't slug Brent. He's just pointing out the clear bait that the character's clothing really is, even if it's vapid and horribly demeaning for the woman in question and for the men who get to appear like Mindless knuckle-draggers who can get pulled around by their reproductive organs.
  • Yeah Brent, do see the appeal, it's just everything Lyra is questioning are also what I am questioning and that over shadows the appeal. 

Hmm, Lyra's reaction makes perfect since. She's an experienced adventuring woman, everything about... T'fa... oh wow, can't believe I missed that, haha. Anyways, everything about T'fa'nii (haha) screams "dead woman walking". 

• I just love the dynamic between these two.  :BuddyCool:
  • I take issue to the idea that a palderon renders a shield unnecessary. I know this is a minor minor nitpick, but a shield is used to block any sort of attack, while a palderon is mostly there to block overhead swings. You cant block a thrust to those exposed guts with your palderon, nor a sweep to those legs. A shield is a much more versatile defense. 
  • RazorD9 said:
    Hmm, Lyra's reaction makes perfect since. She's an experienced adventuring woman, everything about... T'fa... oh wow, can't believe I missed that, haha. Anyways, everything about T'fa'nii (haha) screams "dead woman walking".
    Fun fact, did you know when they switched Councilor Troi of Star Trek fame, out of her ridiculous Bodysuit (I'll let you look it up)  into a standard Starfleet uniform, People found her more attractive in the uniform than her normal clothes? Chainmail Bikinis and Skintight bodysuits are really the last clinging Hollywood Stereotypes aren't they?

Thinking about it I would imagine T'Fa (really let's just call her that or we'll never get anything done) would do very well in Leather Armour, some fur, and maaaaybe a chainmail vest to protect those vital squishy areas from Arrows....

and Knives instead of that Big Stupid sword, talk about the most unweidly weapon to use in a Forest where it can get caught on everything.
  • AngelicDragoon said:

Chainmail Bikinis and Skintight bodysuits are really the last clinging Hollywood Stereotypes aren't they?

And boy, do those stereotypes hang on! Look at video games - for instance, in Dragon's Dogma, I put a male character into a certain type of armor (like, for instance, a Leather Chestguard) and it looks like a piece of leather armor, right? But I put a female character in it, and what does she get? - a leather bra...  :BuddyConfused: 

I was also about to mention that ridiculous cascade of hair  - great for getting caught on everything - brambles, overhanging tree branches ...enemy's hands...

But then I looked at Lyra's great ginger mop! and thought, "Dang, that's a nice handle you've got there...maybe a trim is in order?..."  :BuddyGrin:
  • DaiJB said:

I was also about to mention that ridiculous cascade of hair  - great for getting caught on everything - brambles, overhanging tree branches ...enemy's hands...

But then I looked at Lyra's great ginger mop! and thought, "Dang, that's a nice handle you've got there...maybe a trim is in order?..."  :BuddyGrin:

To be fair to Lyra's Ponytail, she's a bow-woman so the chances of grabbies are significantly lower than a melee fighter, and as someone with short hair having the random wind bow in your face while you're trying to aim freaking sucks.

• Hey, Orrig fights shirtless.  Is it okay because it shows off his luscious bearmode bod?
  • I love this comic, and I can't wait for the Kickstarter (hint hint)!  :BuddyCool: