Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daughter of the Lilies - 7.35

New comic!

Today's News:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">

The characters are beginning to theorize alongside you, the reader. 
The Book Beaters Thistle is referencing are found http://www.daughterofthelilies.com//dotl/33" target="_blank">HERE and http://www.daughterofthelilies.com//dotl/317" target="_blank">HERE and http://www.daughterofthelilies.com//dotl/315" target="_blank">HERE.

Daughter of the Lilies will be away for Christmas. We will be on break during the week of December 24th, and will return on January 2nd.

We hope you guys have a lovely time celebrating with your family during that time, and we are hoping to have some exciting news regarding the updates in January when we return. Get hype!

You may have noticed that the Comment Section is missing! I had hoped to officially remove them with the release of a new site update or sometime in February, but unfortunately I've just been forced to acknowledge that they have grown into something much larger than I or Yoko could manage any more.
However, you can still comment on pages/discuss the story with other readers on several other communities that are run entirely without my oversight, and I'll make sure to include them on any updates in the future, or integrate them into future website designs. 

Thank you for reading!

Discuss this page: FORUM | REDDIT | DISCORD

Post edited by BellisPerennis on
Tagged:

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yeah, she can be nice if she wants to; just remember the direct aftermath of the almost dragging Brent into hell incident.
  • p_steinp_stein Imported from: Daughter of the Lilies Posts: 17Member, Brave Soul
    edited December 5 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you, Brent, for letting Thistle speak about her past so much.
    Post edited by p_stein on
  • Someone give this poor girl a hug. Seriously I can't see her in pain anymore. But it's seriously super cool to see her opening up like this. It's just what she needs. Hopefully even if she doesn't stop now she's expressed a bit of the hardship this ordeal had brought her. And who better to be there to support her than someone like Brent who loves her genuinely despite never seeing her face. I really hope they become closer because of this.
  • I don't know if Brent already loves her yet; although I may have read to many shoujo mangas in my life; but I hope we get at least one scene were he thinks about her and realizes that he loves her. A bit of arkwardness before two characters can find together can definitely have its charm (although the opposite is by no means something bad - but Brent does imho not look like the sort that would immediately make a declaration of love) (but I also think that when/if he makes one it will be accidentily, maybe even not to Thistle himself)
    (Now I imagine Brent accidentily telling Lyra that he fell in love with Thistle, with Lyra immediately grabbing Brent and throwing him with Thistle into a private room so they talk that out.)

Post edited by BellisPerennis on
  • I don't know if Brent already loves her yet; although I may have read to many shoujo mangas in my life; but I hope we get at least one scene were he thinks about her and realizes that he loves her. A bit of arkwardness before two characters can find together can definitely have its charm (although the opposite is by no means something bad - but Brent does imho not look like the sort that would immediately make a declaration of love) (but I also think that when/if he makes one it will be accidentily, maybe even not to Thistle himself)
    (Now I imagine Brent accidentily telling Lyra that he fell in love with Thistle, with Lyra immediately grabbing Brent and throwing him with Thistle into a private room so they talk that out.)

Not sure if it's a thing so close-cut that you can clearly call it one thing or the other. He obviously has feelings for her, feelings that go beyond the friendship and comradery Thistle shares with Lyra and Orrig. It's anyone's guess whether you can really call that love already or not.
    And I'll have to agree that Brent is by no means the kind of guy that immediately comes forward with his feelings like that. My guess he'll be really, really awkward about it (as ususal), as far away from confident as possible, but at the same time sweet and kind. Because that's how he his, if I'm not badly mistaken.

And maybe I'm not being fair to Lyra here, but my imagination of her reaction is ... not as kind as yours. More like getting a laughing fit (right in front of him) because it took him so long to figure it out and never doing anything about it (and a bit of schadenfreude), and then expecting him to suck it up and deal with it himself. After that, no end of teasing and snide remarks.
    Or if she's in a nicer mood (I'm sure she has those on occasion, we just haven't seen it yet! :Lyra: ), she may show sympathy, given how difficult Thistle must be as a love interest: http://bludragongal.tumblr.com/post/167091638741/brents-got-it-so-bad-his-lil-blushy-shy-face-is

Post edited by desercitus on
  • I think she wouldn't go as far as mocking him constantly after the fact (or at least, not in a mean way), but I do think that she might pull off a snide remark "took you long enough" type of thing. I think that she's a bit erm... "up-front", but I don't think she's mean.
  • "None of the Seven Deitis..." When we are speaking of some SEVEN spiritual entities, what springs into mind first (to me, at least) - is the thought of Seven Deadly sins. If this postapoc world is sinking slowly in the darkness - can't it be something has reversed in its sacred books?
  • "None of the Seven Deitis..." When we are speaking of some SEVEN spiritual entities, what springs into mind first (to me, at least) - is the thought of Seven Deadly sins. If this postapoc world is sinking slowly in the darkness - can't it be something has reversed in its sacred books?
    The seven sins have a each a virtue associated that counters them. Pride is countered by humility, envy by kindness, gluttony by temperance, lust by chastity, wrath by patience, greed by charity and lastly sloth by diligence. Do you mean this kind of reversal? I kinda like the idea of a pantheon modelled after the 7 virtues.
  • that would be interesting.

That being said, I think that the idea of seven gods is quite popular and may mean any number of things.

p.s. Honestly, kudos for the fact that when you think seven deities, you think of "seven deadly sins" first. I think of "seven ancient gods in the Song of Fire and Ice.
  • It's 'cause I'm reading "Widdershins", I think.