Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drath observations and theories

BellisPerennisBellisPerennis Posts: 90Administrator
Okay, we know that Drath take on some sort of twisted form from the host they possessed, but I don't think that this is solely restricted to physical attributes,they also take over a few mental characteristics, too. For example Brody behaves very froglike when he catches that one guy with his tongue, or reminded somewhat of Professor Fike when he started lecturing the people around him (albeit with a sadistic glee). The question is, how much of behaviour like this is mockery of those that have been possessed and how much of this is "unvoluntary"?
If a drath would possess a person that is ultra nice, would that make the drath do genuinely nice things, even just for a moment?
Might a drath reject someone as a host on the basis that the person is too good?
Post edited by BellisPerennis on

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • BumBum Posts: 16Member, HeadMod
    Many drath could not get inside Brent by brute force, which suggests that there are some requirements for being able to take over a host. Perhaps an unstable mental state or something of that manner.
  • Drath tend to twist any good qualities they find into evil, I think. The adaptation would be more or less voluntary, like the drath using what he finds (characteristics, abilities, memories) to his own advantage or pleasure. For example, you could see Brody use his tongue to catch people or make long jumps, but he didn't chase after flies like the frog would have. So yes, I think the drath is in complete control, and only takes sadistic delight in mocking his victims be emulating their behavior: "Look, it's your friend, colleague and loved one who does these horrible things, not just some monster that took over his body but in no way talks or acts like him". Pure speculation, of course. Regarding the possession of "ultra nice" people: I don't think they would stay that way when possessed, but the drath would find ways to mock their kindness and personality all the same (backhanded compliments, ill-fated favors and the like) - a good thing twisted into wickedness.
  • BellisPerennisBellisPerennis Posts: 90Administrator
    edited November 28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    For example, you could see Brody use his tongue to catch people or make long jumps, but he didn't chase after flies like the frog would have.
    Well for a giant demon frog regular people probably are the flies ;)
    Post edited by BellisPerennis on
  • Brody made no secret of enjoying causing pain; I wonder if that's just their nature or if they gain strength/power by doing so? The more they hurt someone, the stronger they become.